Sometimes you need a little break from the city..doesn’t mean you can’t take your wheels! The gorgeous town of Zaanse Schans is a perfectly picturesque town to visit and ride around in nature. Pack a lunch, take a camera and see a little bit of what our Dutch nature has to offer. 250 years ago the windmills here formed the first industrial site in the world and some of the mills are still functioning! Happy cycling!
Boys or girls, Dutchies are very sportive, so you wont be surprised to see them cycling to sport after school
Many of them are playing field hockey twice a week. Some go alone, others get a ride by sweet Mummy..
June, the month that the summer started, that the parks are everyone’s favourite places to be, and the month that the city turned orange because of the World Cup.
Check out Amsterdam Cycle Chic’s top 10 of June’s Instagram pics:
1. Daily life in Amsterdam; cycling together on one bike to work
2. Good morning Amsterdam, cycling along the Amstel river
3. Lady cycling on the skinny bridge
4. Dutch girl in orange wearing her bike chain as a belt
5. Cycling in the Vondelpark
6. Bridges are the Dutch hills
7. Cool hair!
8. A rose for your girlfriend?
9. Last phone call and then the weekend really starts
10. Cargo bike parking sign at the Beatrixpark
Are you already following us on Instagram? You should, if you want to learn more about Amsterdam’s cycling culture and enjoy the diversity of cyclists and bikes in Amsterdam’s streets. Every month we will post the most liked Instagram shots here on our blog.