June, the month that the summer started, that the parks are everyone’s favourite places to be, and the month that the city turned orange because of the World Cup.
Check out Amsterdam Cycle Chic’s top 10 of June’s Instagram pics:
1. Daily life in Amsterdam; cycling together on one bike to work
2. Good morning Amsterdam, cycling along the Amstel river
3. Lady cycling on the skinny bridge
4. Dutch girl in orange wearing her bike chain as a belt
5. Cycling in the Vondelpark
6. Bridges are the Dutch hills
7. Cool hair!
8. A rose for your girlfriend?
9. Last phone call and then the weekend really starts
10. Cargo bike parking sign at the Beatrixpark
Are you already following us on Instagram? You should, if you want to learn more about Amsterdam’s cycling culture and enjoy the diversity of cyclists and bikes in Amsterdam’s streets. Every month we will post the most liked Instagram shots here on our blog.
Please join me for a cycle on a sunny day in August along the river Amstel.
In one week we had many festivities in Amsterdam; on the 30th of April Queensday and the coronation of the new king; on the 4th of May the Remembrance of the Death at Dam square and on the 5th of May both Liberation Day and the championship celebrations of Amsterdam’s football club Ajax.
After all these celebrations, with many people in the streets from all over the world, we are now taking it easy. Just enjoying the city and reliving about all the beautiful festivities.
The first thing citizens from Amsterdam ask themselves when they get on their bike is; What phone calls do I have to make? While cycling to work or back home again, or on your way to a bar, it’s a perfect time to call your friends.