Google Netherlands has finally released it’s much-talked-about self-driving bicycle. “It’s the best invention since the bicycle itself,” says the director of the Dutch bicycle advocacy group, the Fietserbond.
Check it out for yourself:
Just when you think your weary legs can’t cycle anymore … you spot what we like to call a ‘Chic’er’ – a super chic cyclist with some fashion on board! Gameboy backpack + faux fur coat + pink gloves and grooving to tunes, en route to somewhere fabulous for sure. Arriving with style people!
Yep it’s Monday alright. If you haven’t had your coffee yet, I also would love a little boost like this.
I love seeing old photos and footage from back in the day. The Eye has a great collection of these old films and this one caught my attention.
A little history lesson: this was when about 80% of all trips were made by bike. Now about 60% of all trips are made by bicycle in the city center. Amazing right?
And look at the people. So simply chic with their hats and jackets. Sitting upright on their oh-so-Dutch bikes. Love it.
Best wishes for 2016!
2015 was a great year. As an ode to all the fantastic shots our team captured in 2015 and all our loyal followers, we’ve put together a short list of the top 5 things to look forward to this year in Amsterdam – doubled up with our most popular blog and Instagram posts of 2015.
1. Several days (at least) of non-stop sun sometime between March 23 and September 17. Otherwise, don’t forget to smile while you squint and bear the rainy weather.
2. Doubling up with a lover (or a stranger). The best part about getting around in this city is pairing up – on one bike is cozy, but side-by-side works just as well. Our cyclists of the month from February love doubling!
4. Spotting adorable children and their (stylish) mamas. This black and white made waves on Facebook and Instagram. And photos of our own Aude (who now has two little ones) was the most-seen post of the year!
5. Discovering a new favorite corner in this fantastic city. By bike, of course! Maybe a new cafe or a nice view – where ever it is, let it be all yours.
A huge thanks to all our readers and followers this year! We are grateful for your loyalty and we wouldn’t still be around if it wasn’t for you. From all of us at Amsterdam Cycle Chic, happy new year!
If you follow us on Instagram, you might have seen this already. It got so much love on the social media networks that we thought it deserves its own post on the blog.
So, here you go. This is how it’s done.
There are Christmas trees buzzing around the city every day, being wheeled, placed and decorated in homes, all over Amsterdam!
This handsome fellow has made his catch, and making the journey look easy! … 12 sleeps to go!
Check out Amsterdam Cycle Chic’s top 10 Instagram pics of September.
1. Van Gogh’s Sunflowers
2. Birthday flowers delivery (AP Bloem)
3. Wedding guests
4. Doggy cycling
5. Super daddy
6. Super mummy
7. Urban racing
8. Little girls will grow up
9. Super green
10. No chance to go incognito
Never think you cycle incognito if you are a dad or a mum, you cant take your kids Seat away! See more pic on our last post on amsterdamcyclechic.com Have a good rainy day Amsterdammers ☔️ #incognito #daddy #mummy #mums #parenthood #velo #bike #fiets #cycling #kidsseat #poncho #rain #amsterdam #cyclechic #nofilter
Are you already following us on Instagram? You should, if you want to learn more about Amsterdam’s cycling culture and enjoy the diversity of cyclists and bikes in Amsterdam’s streets. Every month we will post the most liked Instagram shots here on our blog.
It is just impossible to cycle incognito in Amsterdam. I mean, as a Mum or Dad!
I collect all those pictures to illustrate my observation :
… or Mummys : For everyone you are a parent first!
You will never have the student look anymore😉
Those pictures are more representative of today: incognito under poncho!