Yep it’s Monday alright. If you haven’t had your coffee yet, I also would love a little boost like this.
I love seeing old photos and footage from back in the day. The Eye has a great collection of these old films and this one caught my attention.
A little history lesson: this was when about 80% of all trips were made by bike. Now about 60% of all trips are made by bicycle in the city center. Amazing right?
And look at the people. So simply chic with their hats and jackets. Sitting upright on their oh-so-Dutch bikes. Love it.
Best wishes for 2016!
2015 was a great year. As an ode to all the fantastic shots our team captured in 2015 and all our loyal followers, we’ve put together a short list of the top 5 things to look forward to this year in Amsterdam – doubled up with our most popular blog and Instagram posts of 2015.
1. Several days (at least) of non-stop sun sometime between March 23 and September 17. Otherwise, don’t forget to smile while you squint and bear the rainy weather.
2. Doubling up with a lover (or a stranger). The best part about getting around in this city is pairing up – on one bike is cozy, but side-by-side works just as well. Our cyclists of the month from February love doubling!
4. Spotting adorable children and their (stylish) mamas. This black and white made waves on Facebook and Instagram. And photos of our own Aude (who now has two little ones) was the most-seen post of the year!
5. Discovering a new favorite corner in this fantastic city. By bike, of course! Maybe a new cafe or a nice view – where ever it is, let it be all yours.
A huge thanks to all our readers and followers this year! We are grateful for your loyalty and we wouldn’t still be around if it wasn’t for you. From all of us at Amsterdam Cycle Chic, happy new year!
The Dutch have a great sense of style. They love matching their outfits. This cyclist goes one step further, and matches his bike, bag, clothing and shoes. He’s ‘on board’ with a lot more than that ferry!
Check out Amsterdam Cycle Chic’s top 10 Instagram pics of October.
1. Iris on her new bike
2. Colder mornings
3. Doggy morning run
4. Speedy super daddy
5. Lambike ;-P
6. OMG, that is sooo Dutch
7. On the ferry
8. Waiting for a friend
9. Cycling with his daughter’s back pack
10. Deux par deux
Are you already following us on Instagram? You should, if you want to learn more about Amsterdam’s cycling culture and enjoy the diversity of cyclists and bikes in Amsterdam’s streets. Every month we will post the most liked Instagram shots here on our blog.
It is the most beautiful time to ride at the moment… fresh breeze and a little sunshine. Get out on your bike, and head to your favourite park. Like ours, Vondel Park.
Last night these two were speeding down the Weesperzijde – with smiles of course – definitely in a hurry to get to their destination, which likely had beers and bitterballen awaiting them. ;)
One of my favorite things to do is to ride next to my partner, hand in hand. I know, I know, so girly, romantic, and cheesy and blah blah blah – but come on! You know you like it to. These 2 couldn’t get enough of each other last night. Held hands for blocks and blocks…
Sometimes you don’t even need a destination when you’re in love and on a bike in Amsterdam. Let your ride be your date. See where the evening takes you.
It is just impossible to cycle incognito in Amsterdam. I mean, as a Mum or Dad!
I collect all those pictures to illustrate my observation :
… or Mummys : For everyone you are a parent first!
You will never have the student look anymore ;)
Those pictures are more representative of today: incognito under poncho!